What is a ceramic coating?
- Nonmetallic solid material making up an inorganic compound of metal/nonmetal or metalloid atoms held together with ionic and covalent bonds (strongest in the world).
- Mohs scale - Qualitative ordinal scale characterizing scratch resistance of various minerals through the ability of harder material to scratch softer material.
- Most clear coats on cars are between a 4 and 6.
- Ceramic coatings vary from 7H to 10H.
- Instead of wax sitting atop the pores in the vehicle's paint, ceramic coatings soak into the pores of the vehicle, and once cured, can offer major benefits.
What are the benefits of a ceramic coating?
- Best car protection on the market
- Eliminates need for wax
- Car stays cleaner, longer
- Easier maintenance
- Cost effective
- Extreme gloss
What is needed to apply a ceramic coating?
- A complete exterior disinfection of your vehicle.
- Wash, clay, iron decontamination, and paint correction may be needed.
- If you have a dark-colored vehicle, you may notice swirls marks. These are caused by improper washing methods, car washes with abrasive wraps, and improper use of a buffer.