WORLD'S FIRST TRUE HANDS-FREE DRIVING SYSTEM FOR THE FREEWAY
That is correct, we just said it. The first hands-free driving system for the freeway was introduced by Cadillac in the fall of 2017. Cadillac's philosophy behind Super Cruise is to "elevate driving, safely and simply".
Super Cruise is included on the 2018 CT6 Platinum, available on the CT6 Premium Luxury and became available starting Fall 2017. New owners receive Super Cruise support services
through OnStar® with the 3-year Super Cruise Package - supports Super Cruise functionality and Crash Notification.
The Crestmont Cadillac team received the competitive advantage when General Motors corporate announced that they would be the first in the nation to experience the Super Cruise. The team had the opportunity to train first hand on the proprietary technology and experience the hands-free drive themselves.
Super Cruise is available only on limited-access freeways that are separated from opposing traffic. Super Cruise is designed to be available and engage only under the following conditions:
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is on
• Forward Collision System set to alert and brake
• The vehicle is on a limited-access freeway
• Camera or radar sensors are not covered, obstructed, or damaged
• The system detects that the driver appears attentive
• The lane markings are clearly visible - lane markings may be obscured, for example, by glare or poor weather conditions
• Teen Driver is not active
How does Super Cruise work?
From the driver attention camera, the focus is to ensure safety on the road always. The driver must be paying attention always with their eyes on the road, or the proprietary head tracking software will alert the driver to take back control.
The first, second and third alert...
1. If the steering wheel light bar flashes green, the system has detected that the driver may not be paying sufficiently close attention. The flashing will stop when the system detects that sufficiently close attention to the road has resumed.
2. If the steering wheel light bar flashes green for too long, Super Cruise will alert the driver to take control of steering immediately by flashing the light bar red.
3. If the steering wheel light bar flashes red for too long, a voice command will tell you to take control of the vehicle. Take control of the steering immediately; Adaptive Cruise Control and Super Cruise will disengage.
With the proprietary LiDAR Technology, over 130,000 miles of limited access freeways are covered. Precision LiDAR mapping works with in-car cameras, radar sensors and GPS to detect every curve and hill on the road ahead, helping to make long drives and commutes comfortable - and more convenient.
For more information on the Super Cruise Technology or to test drive one today, you can easily contact Crestmont Cadillac. Click here to view our inventory of CT6 Sedans.